- 50g crystalised winter melon strips (tung kwa), finely chopped
- 50g mixed peel, finely chopped
- 120g almonds, coarsely chopped
- 150g sugee (semolina)
- l00g castor sugar
- 300g butter, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp almond essence
- 50g self-raising floor, sifted
- 3-4 tbsp brandy
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
Line 24cm cake tin with greased greaseproo paper.
Beat butter for 5-10 minutes, then add the semolina. Continue to beat Ibr another 8-10
minutes. In another bowl, beat egg yolks am sugar until pale and light. Add this to the butter and semolina mixture. Add in the sifted flour to mixture and stir in essences, tungkwa, mixed peel and almonds.
In a clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the cake mixture. St in the brandy. Transfer mixture to the prepared cake pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for about 50-60 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.